Banner Duathlon News
Delighted to announce Modular Automation are coming on board as race/event sponsors.
Modular s head quarters in Smiths town Shannon Industrial Estate are only around the corner from our club house and event head quarters.
A big point to note from last year is that there is no standard distance event this year. We have introduced a new event in the Du-a-Duathlon format where we hope to encourage as many first time athletes to take on the duathlon challenge.
Every great journey started with a single step.
Yours in Sport
The Banner Duathlon has a new date for 2015
On march the 1st 2015 — Save the date
Entries are now live on www.triathlonireland.com / https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html
We have a new race course for all the athletes this year. Please note that only some of the videos are correct. We will have new course video and course information asap
yours in sport
Lots of exciting new coming soon about the race.
A huge thank you to all who made 2014 a huge success, we cant wait to welcome you back in 2015 for a bigger and better race
Yours in sport
Race Briefing Avaliable Here: Banner Duathlon 2014 Race Briefing
Location: Shannon Co.Clare
Start time: 1pm
Registration: Wolfe Tonnes GAA Club house bar — 9am until 12pm sharp
Prize giving: Wolfe tonnes GAA club
Toilets/showers : St.Senans Rugby club- TBC – please respect the facility – no loitering and no littering.
Standard Distance: 10k 42k 5km
Sprint Distance: 5km 24km 2.5km
Online Entries via Triathlon Ireland website.
Please note for all athletes — you must have a triathlon Ireland racing license or 1 day licence — no licence no race.
Basic rules for beginner athletes
- helmets are compulsory – no helmet no race
- always remember to attach your timing chip to your left ankle
- bike must be road worthy – both brakes must work
- runners/appropriate footware must be worn
- torso must be covered at all times – no flashing
- when you start to race- make sure your chip is on and your number is showing to the front (number -belt)
- on entry to transition – put your helmet on first – do not move or touch your bike until helmet is securely fastened
- on exiting the bike transition – do nomount until you have crossed the mount line
- Do not draft behind your fellow competitors – draft marshals will be in place
- on your return to transition 2 – do not cross the mount line on your bike
- rack your bike before taking off your helmet
- on exiting transition – number to the front ( give it everything you got, best of luck)
- Please respect the environment – please do not litter
- Please respect your fellow competitors – honesty policy in place for drafting and cheating.
- Please respect our marshals& volunteers – you get to race because they are sacrificing their time
- Please encourage all your athlete buddies to the finish line
If you or your company is interested in sponsoring this event please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear from you.
Limerick City College
Limerick City College are proud sponsors of the GoTri Racing Team for the 2014 season. Check out all the courses they have on offer on their website.
Askin & Sons – Water & confectionary
Trevor is a club member who has been very supportive in all the clubs activities. Askins Amber & Cost cutter shop is located in Limerick, on the Killmalock road towards Ballyneety. The garage is a 24hr station for all your hot food and petrol needs
Dave Fitzgerald — FitzFlora: Website
Fitz flora is located in east way business park, near the NTC centre. Dave and his business specialize in all things flower related.
Dave supports this race with vehicle support and Victory flowers.
BIKE COURSE VIDEOS
Please excuse the voice over — STL had a cold. hope they help for race day.
bike course video 2– TRAFFIC LIGHTS to TT COURSE LEFT HAND TURN
video to be added shortly
Bike Video 3 – decent into New Market on Fergus
bike 4 –
Return route to right hand turn and decent back into Shannon